The WK RnD Axe Series is a collaborative design between Master Bladesmith Daniel Winkler and skilled Sayoc Kali martial arts trainer Rafael Kayanan. The full-size model is the most tested and highly developed axe produced by Winkler Knives, and has been proven in combat applications by a Special Operations Force Team. It is a favorite among operators and servicemen who choose their own equipment. The handle design provides a standard grip position, as well as a secondary close quarter grip that was developed to emulate the feel of a handgun grip.
The optional front spike is a valuable feature in combat usage.
- Axe steel: 80CrV2
- Black oxide no-glare finish
- Head length: 5 1/2″
- Overall length: 13 1/8″
- Blade thickness: 3/8″
- Skeletonized full tapered tang
- Optional Front Spike
- Fast draw carrier
- Lined Boltaron®
- HD shock cord quick-release retention system
- Nylon belt straps with Mil-Spec Pull-The-Dot™ snaps
- Designed for multiple carry options