SG06050125: Glow Carbon Fiber Spider Monkey. Black Tanto
Southern Grind Knives
The Spider Monkey is the compact version of Southern Grind’s flagship model, the Bad Monkey, and what an excellent little EDC blade this is. It gets a lot of design aspects correct like balance, grip, fit, finish, and definitely the materials. The Spider Monkey features a flat ground 3.25″ tanto blade made from CPM-S35VN stainless steel, available with a tumbled satin or black PVD finish, and optional serrations. S35VN is one of the premier steels in the industry with excellent corrosion-resistant properties and more than adequate edge-holding capabilities. The handles are made from glow-in-the-dark woven carbon fiber over full-length 6Al-4V titanium liners. They look good and will stand up to almost anything you can throw at them, with a subtly milled texture for grip. The pocket clip might be small but it is sturdy and provides strong retention while being easy to get in and out of the pocket. Another great design from Southern Grind, we look forward to seeing more variations of it in the future.
- Glow carbon fiber handle with a textured matte finish for a solid, all-conditions grip.
- 6Al-4V titanium lock and liner create a secure storage base for the blade.
- A short pocket clip ensures a secure pocket carry with minimal interference.
- Conventional Flat Grind is thicker at the sharpened edge of the blade and great for general and heavy use.
- Blade Length: 3.25″
- Closed Length: 4.1875″
- Overall Length: 7.4375″
- Blade Steel: CPM-S35VN Stainless, 58-59HRC
- Thickness: 0.130″
- Blade Style: Tanto
- Blade Finish: Black PVD
- Grind: Flat
- Handle Material: Glow Carbon Fiber
- Locking Mechanism: Liner
- Pocket Clip: Compact Tip-Up, Right-Carry
- Weight: 3.2 oz.
- Made in the USA
There are no reviews yet.